Digimon Evolution

General
Home
Disclaimer
Contact Us

Cartoon
Digimon Adventure
Zero Two
Digimon Tamers
Characters Bios
·Characters S1
·Characters S2
·Characters S3
Episode Guide
·Episode S1
·Episode S2
·Episode S3
Lyrics & Songs
Dictionary
Digimon List
·Armor Digimon
·Champion Digimon
·DNA Digimon
·In-Training Digimon
·Mega Digimon
·Rookie Digimon
·Ultimate Digimon
Digimon Kinds
Digimon Types
Tags & Crests
Digimentals
Voice Cast
TV Program

Movies
Japanese
·DigiAdventure
·Our War Game
·Hurricane Touchdown
·Diaboromon Strikes Back
Digimon 2000

Games
Japanese
·Pocket Digimon World
·Digimon V.S
·Card Tactics
·Digimon Card Game
·Digimon Adventure
Digimon World
Digimon World 2

Galleries
Characters
Digimon
Icons
Cartoon
Posters

Interactive
FanFics
FanArts

Cards
Battle Cards
·Battle Card
·HowTo: Setting Up
·HowTo: Digivolving
·HowTo: Battle
·HowTo: Re Group
·Starter Pack
·Booster Pack Series 1
·Booster Pack Series 2
·Booster Pack Series 3
·TacoBell Cards
Trading Cards
·Animated Series
·Trading Card Pictures

Miscellanous
Links
Link To Us

The Rising Dark
Calista leaned back in her seat, a small smile of satisfaction slowly spreading it's self over her face. She had done it. No one had believed that she could do it. Not her sister, not her friends. Not even Mimi, her best friend believed that she could do it. Well, here it was. Sitting right in front of her, on Mimi's computer screen, lay the holy grail of juvenile computer hackers: the Pentagon's computer files. The web page was surprisingly simple, that is, all that Calista could see. The de-coder on her cobbled together hard drive was working slower than usual today. Frowning, she whacked the hard drive on the side. That didn't seem to help. With a deliberate whirr, the de-coder finished the page. The page still looked barren, it was blank except for a few hyperlinks that read things like: DOD '01 budget, CIA homepage, Wanted Photos.
Calista wanted to look at those links, but they would require more than an hour of additional hacking. Later. For now, she wanted to revel in her victory, and send of an e-mail to her hacker friend. As she called up the e-mail command, she noticed something different about one of the links. Instead of the government sites that made up the rest of the menu, this was called: Otherworld.doc. Frowning again, she clicked on the hyperlink. The page took a second to load, and then programming code sprang up.

It was the program for an unfanthomly large program. Bigger than the most complicated that she had ever seen. She scrolled down, and it took fifteen jaw-dropping minutes to make an indistinguishable dent in the content. Mouth open, Calista worked to find what the program was about. Surprisingly enough, it looked like it wasn't written in code. The program was changing constantly and it was running. Variables changed constantly, and the very text changed, as if the computer itself was writing the program it's self.

After a casual glance at the 9,000'Th line of code, she saw a mistake. Not a big one, but it was at such a crucial place that it altered the entire program. A common mistake, just mislabeling a source of data. On impulse, Calista corrected it. There was a whirr of data being processed, and it started to run smoother, as if a great deal of memory had been erased. There was another whirr, and the screen began to glow. Calista saw that the glow was intensely bright, and she shielded her eyes from the glow. At the same instant, there was an odd sound, one that Calista would never forget. It was as if the computer was spitting out something, and also had the sound of a small explosion. Then the glow faded, and the was nothing else. The lack of sound stunned Calista, and the lyrics from an old song sprang into her mind: Sometimes, the silence can be like thunder…Blinking away the light, Calista's hands found an object. Not just any object, though. This had a sculpted, rounded shape, and looked like avideo game controller. There was a screen near the top, as well as what looked like an antenna. There was a large button in the middle, with two smaller buttons near the screen. The object was a glaring white.

Trembling, she brought it up to her face. It seemed to belong, somehow familiar. Which was utterly wrong. She had never seen anything like it. When she turned it around in wonder, to examine the back, the object's screen faced the computer's monitor. The glow returned, and the screen seemed to enlarge. Before she could do anything, before she could react, the screen sucked her in. The glow vanished when she entered the screen.

Mimi woke up with a smile on her face. Her best friend was over, her mom was going to take her shopping, and judging by the sunlight streaming through her bedroom window, it was going to be a beautiful day. She yawned and stretched, looking over to the computer where Calista had been working at last night. Seeing no one there, she looked at the sleeping bag that she had brought out for Calista, if she ever went to sleep. Finding it empty, she shrugged and figured that she was in the bathroom.

After waiting for five minted, Mimi got worried. She began a systematic room-by room search. Returning, Mimi was really worried. When she glanced around the bedroom, she saw that the computer was still on, though the monitor had been turned off. Mimi reached over and depressed the on switch to the screen. She expected to see a hacker web page, at very least a conspiracy theory web page. What she did not expect however was the familiar image of the digiport. Realizing what must have happened, Mimi whipped out her cell phone without hesitation and was calling long distance within thirty seconds.

Tai heard his phone ringing, but did not register what it was, still being in the peaceful cocoon of half sleep, half wakefulness. However, the ringing was insistent, and Tai's sleep ridden brain realized that the only way that he could go back to sleep was to answer the phone. With considerable difficulty, he pushed himself into awareness and picked up the phone. "M'ello?" he asked sleepily. "Hi, Tai. This is Mimi. Don't worry about the long distance, this is important. You know my friend Calista, The one with the long black hair, the crazy one? Yeah, well she came over last night and we have a problem."

Mimi said this all very fast, and Tai only picked up about half of it. "Mimi? Please slow down! I'm still half asleep!" Mimi realized that it was six in the morning. "Oh, sorry Tai. I just didn't know who else to call! I think that Calista is in the Digital World!" That woke Tai up. He sat bolt up right and shouted "WHAT!?" "Shhhh, Tai! No need to yell! She was working at the computer when I went to sleep, and I thought that she was looking at some hacker web page, but when I woke up, she was gone, and the computer showed that the digiport was open!"

"But how did she get there? She doesn't have a Digivice! Wait a minute! Did you say that she was a hacker?" "Yes, but that's not important now! I have no idea how she got there, all I know is I'm not finding her, and the Digiport is open!" "This is bad. I'll wait till a decent hour, and then I'll call the others."

Go Back


Digimon and its characters is © Foxkids and Toei Animation. Graphics, Layout, News Articles is Copyrighted © 2001 Digimon Evolution, All rights reserved. Reproduction in any part or form without permission of this site is prohibited. Privacy Policy.


Latest Updates
09-08-01. Episode S3
08-30-01. Characters S3
08-28-01. Digimon Gallery
08-28-01. Digimon Fan-Fics
08-28-01. Digimon Fan-Arts
08-28-01. Links
08-28-01. Digimon List

Partners
Visit Digimon Lab

Latest 5 Episodes
#104. A Million Points Of Light
#105. Guilmon Comes Alive
#106. 1Digimon, Digimon Everywhere
#107. To Fight Or Not To Fight
#108. It Came From The Other Side

Vote 4 Me
Digimon Top100
Kings Of Chaos